Monday, June 30, 2008

Tribute to a legend!



This is a tribute to a music legend named Neil Leslie Diamond. He is one of the best singer/songwriters of this or any other generation. On Saturday night, I went to a concert at Taylorsville Park of a Neil impersonator. He looked/sounded exactly like our legend friend. What a good time! Neil has sold over 120 million records worldwide throughout his illustrious music career. Many hits such as: Sweet Caroline, America, Cracklin' Rosie, Holly Holy, Hello, Solitary Man, and the list goes on.

He has appeared in films such as: The Jazz Singer, and Saving Silverman. Hopefully soon he will be casted in some other great films. Every 4th of July I create a special music mix. Last year's consisted of about 10-12 songs, this years mix has made its way up to 32 songs. Neil has a few appearances on this great list of All-American ballads.

Let us all remember everything that Mr. Diamond has done throughout his unforgettable tenure as a music prodigy.

Here's to you Neil!

6 comments:

Ryan said...

you said it scotty...I think that America is probably the best patriotic song of all-time...Neil is an american hero........by the way, nice blog.

Rencher Fam said...

I too am a huge Neil Diamond fan...that's right, I'm not afraid to admit it. You're right Scotty, he is a legend!!

Unknown said...

My favorites re his Christmas songs, the fact that he is Jewish make them even better!

Brad and Jade said...

Hey Scotty, were glad you have a blog so we can stay in touch. We haven't seen you forever! We hope your doing good. Take care.

KTprice said...

oh my gosh Scotty, are you kidding me!!?? I hope that JD has already told you about the concert that he is giving down here at the Hollywood Bowl in October. marcus, zane and a bunch of boys are going and making T-shirts- you HAVE to come down for it!!

The Carter's said...

Oh my gosh! Hi Scott! It's Anne (Spurrier)! How are you? Geez time has flown by!!