Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Ode to Griffey






While thinking about what I could post today, I came across a great cartoon picture. Many may not know who Ken Griffey Jr. is but over the years his legacy in baseball has become that of a true hall of fame player. While we could talk steroid scandals all day, Mr. Griffey is one player that has stayed true to himself his whole career and steered clear of human growth hormones (HGH). Last night he hit his 600th career home run. This is a very elite club shared only by 6 other players in MLB history: Babe Ruth, Sammy Sosa, Barry Bonds, Hank Aaron, Willey Mayes, and Mark McGuire. Griffey is now the 7th.

He could have possibly become the best player in baseball history had he not been barred by injury in his career. Here's to you Kenny! Congrats with the marvelous achievement.

4 comments:

Fackrell Fam said...

That clip of Malibu was SO wierd! What was that from, 1984? Anyway, pretty random and wierd, but I enjoy reading your blog! You should blog a picture of you at your sweet work!

Hizzeather said...

I didn't even know Griffey still played! I am so out of touch with sports these days. Cool comic!

Unknown said...

Ken is a legend and an amazing guy. You are a winner Scotty!

NO David! said...

The only MLB game I have ever been to was in Cincinnati in May 2006 vs the Nats. I was driving from NY to AL and stopped for the game (and the night) in Reds country. In a pitcher's duel, I stayed until the top of the twelfth inning when the Nationals scored 3 runs to go ahead 4-1. I knew I had to get up early the next morning to continue driving, so I left. As soon as I got to the truck, I turned on the radio to hear the post-game show, and was driving past the stadium into Kentucky as Ken Griffey Jr. hit the game winning home run for the Reds.