Friday, June 6, 2008

NBA Finals!


To start out this new phenomenon of blogging, what better way to start out than with something I love and admire? Sports of course. Last night was the unveiling of the 2008 NBA Finals between the troubled L.A. Lakers and the historic Boston Celtics. This years NBA Playoffs have been very interesting. Despite my UTAH JAZZ not being able to advance through the playoffs as much as I'd liked, they showed me many things.

Kobe Bryant. Many people have their own opinions about him. There are some things that have to be straightened out.
1. Kobe is an amazing player, not quite Michael Jordan, but definitely of emerging greatness.
2. Free throw shooter. Against the Jazz in this year playoffs, Kobe shot 96 free throws. In the next round against the Spurs, he shot 11. Disparity? Thanks David Stern.
3. Rapist? Hmm.. probably. That girl was payed off to drop the court case.
4. At the end of the day, Kobe Bryant is a household name and a great player. I just don't care for the Lakers.

I would love to see the series go to 7 games. If David Stern (Commissioner of the NBA) wanted a Celtics/Lakers finals, then he had better make it a good one. I would even be happy if Bird and Magic came back to play for this series.

5 comments:

HOBSON said...

right on brother, right on. Good comments on The Kobe.

Hizzeather said...

GO LAKERS!!!!!

Samuel James Dunn, Esq. said...

David Stern is ruining the NBA.

Unknown said...

Is the NBA rigged? Sounds like I conspiracy?

Heather O said...

First American Idol and now the NBA finals? Whatever happened to the best person/team wins? Sad, sad world. Kobe is good you can't argue that but I don't care for the Lakers either. Oh well.