Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Super Bowl XXIX


Since this week is Super Bowl week, I would like to give an ode to my favorite Super Bowl of all time. SUPER BOWL XXIX (29)!!!! This was the 49ers 5th trip to the Super Bowl and their 5th Super Bowl Victory.... First team in NFL history to reach 5 SB wins. This was kind of the last great season deep into the playoffs that was had with Steve Young, Jerry Rice, and others. Not only that, if you remember, one Deion Sanders was on this historic team as well. Another thing that made this SB historic was that it was the 75th anniversary of the NFL and the 49ers scored 49 points. Steve Young threw for 325 yards at 24/36 completion and 6 touchdowns!! What a great game!! 3 Touchdowns caught by Rice, 2 by Watters, and 1 by Floyd. I remember when I was in middle school this game and how awesome it was. Shortly thereafter, Sports Illustrated came out with a Super Bowl XXIX commemorative VHS tape that I bought and I probably watched it so much that it broke. This Super Bowl was by far my favorite one and I am hoping that in the near future the 49ers can return to their glory and start winning Super Bowls again. I think that Jim Harbaugh is a key component in this and getting him was absolutely huge for the team and their future success. Question remains, who will the quarter back be for the 2011 season? Alex Smith? Troy Smith? Who knows... but please, let me it be someone other than Alex Smith. I have tried so many times to like him and he always fails me. It's like going to a restaurant you have been to before that you hated and saying, "oh this time it will be better, I will get a better menu item", you go into the restaurant and try a 2nd and 3rd time and you are reminded of the fact that it is just as horrible as you remember the first time. Please 49ers do everything you can to come back to glory so I can become an even more dedicated fan!!

3 comments:

The Brady Bunch said...

GO STEELERS!

Scotty said...

Pack Attack all the way!!!!!!!! Steelers don't deserve 7 Super Bowls.

Badgrass said...

They totally deserve their 7th and they will get it! How can you bet against Big Ben (aka the most clutch QB in the game) and the intimidating D of Pit? GO STEELERS!