Monday, February 7, 2011

Super Bowl XLV - Good, Bad, Ugly

Another year, another Super Bowl in the books. Let's break this year's Super Bowl into three categories: Good, Bad, Ugly:

Good:
-Aaron Rodgers - MVP Performance and played like he had been there before (only ran the ball 13 times - impressive!
-Green Bay bringing the game - 4 guys went out with injuries and next man in steps up and playing a vital role
-Commercials

Bad:
-Steelers 2 minute offense - Game was theirs to win. They looked discombobulated and didn't play like they had been there. I was expecting them to go down and win the game but they folded
-Ball protection by Ben Roethlisberger - you can't turn the ball over 2 times (3 with fumble by Mendenhall) and expect to win the game especially when you throw a pick 6
-Halftime show. GREAT show, LOVE the BlackEyed Peas!! Sound was a little off and Fergie didn't really sound good at all. Slash?? Bringing Slash from Guns & Roses out there was kind of weird, but the sound was not up to par.

Ugly:
-400 people with Super Bowl legitimate tickets who were not able to sit in their seats. These seats were deamed "unusable" by the NFL and they were not able to sit in their seats. Granted, they are refunded cost of tickets, though.
-Green Bay's receiver hands - receivers had chance to give Rodgers over 400 yards passing. Catch the ball guys!! You played good, but could have been a great unforgettable Super Bowl performance
-Cameron Diaz feeding A-Rod popcorn! Ha ha, his teammates are not going to let that one go.
-And Finally - Christina Aguilera - just sing the national anthem!! I don't know if any of you noticed, but our friend Christina totally skipped a line of the national anthem before the game. I had no idea and didn't even notice mainly because I was timing it to see how long it was going to take (based on some vegas lines that people set up) - but she totally slaughtered it and forgot a whole line of the song!!


All in all, good Super Bowl, could have been GREAT!! But I will wait for the future (hopefully next year) when my team makes it and it will be a great time!! San Francisco 49ers - Super Bowl XLVI Champions!!!

Oh, yes, i also must mention that my Pregame Super Bowl prediction for this game was VERY VERY VERY close. The outcome was Packers 31-25 - my prediction for this game was 31-27. I feel like I had the football gods on my side with this.. ha ha, not really but pretty good prediction I must say myself!!

No comments: